Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Mother and Child

One of my favorite Impressionist artists, is Mary Cassatt, the American known for her touching mother and child portraits.  I thought about doing a miniature pastel to fit in a tag to commemorate her work, but the size of a tag seemed a little intimidating for the subject.  Therefore, I hand cut a silhouette and framed it in a cameo styled mat with a hinge clip as a topper.



Can't wait to see the other team members' tags!  Thanks for all your encouraging comments last week.  Blessings!

12 comments:

  1. Very nice! Yes, Mary C's work is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely -- that frame is just divine and I like the bit of "hardware" you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arnoldo I almost used a Mary Cassatt image for my piece too. Her art has such grace.
    Your tag is beautiful- the hand cut silhouette tells the perfect story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful tag and the cut out silhouette is so well done and stands out against the frame.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, love the framing and the silhouette. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning silhouette - very effective! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for your tag, Arnoldo. Mary Cassat is a favourite of mine too. I love the silhouette, it is very dramatic.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the silhouette you've cut. Somehow it exudes love and nurture. Clever you!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully framed Arnoldo. I chose a silhouette too. I did miss doing a bus tho' haha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty tag with a lovely silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautifully done, what marvelous cutting out! I love this. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and would be a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!