Saturday, 21 September 2013

Wings

Hi everyone! I am SO glad to be back. The late summer heat and unusually high humidity was just a bit much for me (we don't have central air in our house and the car A/C broke), and I was exhausted most days in the past month. But with cooler weather, I revive! Here is my attempt to carry out the theme of "wings." I had no intention of making it a Christmas tag, but you know how creative pursuits often take you in an unplanned direction!

This involved a lot of "fussy cutting," but I enjoy that.  I thought she would look cute hanging from a package or even from the Christmas tree. The doll stamp is from Character Constructions. The wings are from Mad Rat Rubber.  Great wings for this sized doll!  The sentiment is a retired stamp from Stampin' Up.

I can't wait to view and comment on your creations when I have more time in the next few days. 
                                                                                                        Laura

16 comments:

  1. Terrific tag and the image is great with such a vintage feel

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unusual, but so cute too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, vintage tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will look lovely as a Christmas decoration Laura. Her gentleness shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like an old-fashioned ornament! Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so striking! Makes me want to skip Halloween and go right to Christmas papercrafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag - I love the image and the way you have turned your Christmas stamp into a banner! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, would make a great tree decoration! Lovely image. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how The Muse often has plans different from our own visions. Beautifully done tag and she will be a lovely addition to a gift or the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love love love this sweet sparkly and impressive Christmas angel. awesome. actually puts me in the mood to do some Christmas making... xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful, Laura. I love the antique feel, and believe she can be used as a gift in itself this Christmas. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura, I just LOVE this tag!!! I love the brown and aqua and gold together! And the little tree!! It is perfection :-)

    xox,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!