Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Shoes

I love high heels but can no longer manage to wear them safely! For my tag this week, I created a 6" moccasin. To do this, I drew the sole of the shoe, and then created the piece that goes along the edges and forms the pull on tag at the heel. I covered those with a soft suede like dark brown fabric. Next I cut out the top part of the shoe out of paper, covered it with the same fabric and used embroidery floss to create the stitching around the top. I finished it by placing a flap of fabric over that to form the tassel top and attached it from the inside, using the same color floss to make a lace and bow. I glued the top to the bottom and put a buff insole in the shoe. Minnetonka is a famous brand of moccasin, so I branded the insole with lettering that says "Marthatonka".- a play on that and my name. Now my great niece wants me to make shoes for her American Girl dolls!


16 comments:

  1. How clever are you! And see what you started?? ha, ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wnderful little shoe, great work! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Clever.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness Martha this is wonderful! I'm not surprised your niece wants some dolly sized ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just amazing!!! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea for this tag so very clever and original

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martha you are a whizz it's brilliant. Very very clever

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cottage industry created your wonderful tags...wow! I am sure your niece will love these cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! I LOVE your expertly crafted moccasin. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marthatonka! How cute! I love your show. Such a creative project. I can no longer wear heels either. But I still like to look at cute shoes! ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant! Beautifully crafted, I love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful moccAsin. Perhaps you can make me a pair after you great niece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my, Martha! this is quite a project--wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, I just love your tiny moccasin! It looks absolutely authentic, every detail...So well done, Martha!!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!