Friday 15 November 2013

All Stitched Up.

I managed to make this tag today and will be back later to comment on all your lovely sewing themes. For my contribution I used my Tim Holtz sewing stamps, used the big sewing pattern on the background with Old Paper DI and then decoupaged the glamorous model onto white cardstock and coloured her in with various blue inks and gave her a pearl brooch. Then I found some various suiting scraps of cloth which I stapled to the tag, die cut two buttons from the material and a spool which I wound with blue thread and two blue headed pins. I do love her long blue gloves, such elegance, such style! I wear thick woolly ones myself!

002
I love sewing, and have two projects on the go at the moment. It is lovely to see after the success of the Great British Sewing Bee programme that it has become more fashionable to dressmake again. I am loving all the different takes on this theme, brilliant work! Hugs, Barb x

18 comments:

  1. Nothing beats wooly gloves! Gorgeous tag, very elegant! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite--love all the added sewing-themed touches. The pinked fabric samples is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning tag with wonderful ideas

    Chrossie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it sad that so few people dress elegantly these days? I love your charmingly elegant lady with her pearl brooch and long gloves and cute little hat. Stapling the fabric samples etc to the tag was a great idea! Like a page straight from the dressmaker's notebook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your composition and color scheme, as well as the idea of incorporating swaps of fabric. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this totally reminds me of the old sewing pattern covers. a great tag. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sixties feel tag with great textures. Fabric swatches are genius! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag... Love the image & added elements... she looks so elegant... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag! I especially love the your wonderful hand coloring and the bits of cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag, love the colours and the fabric elements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been seeing lots of enthusiasm and interesting ideas about sewing coming out of Britain Barb - sewing will never go out of fashion for me!
    Love the samples and the way you have put your design together - just like a shopping swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfully elegant tag. Great idea to use the fabric swatches too. It demonstrates your love of sewing. I agree about the Great British Sewing Bee, great inspiration for people to make their own clothes.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's a classy lady with those lovely gloves! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such elegance. I really like the addition of the fabric swatches - nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the whole retro feel to this. I think you did a really great job on it Barb:o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great looking! I just love the style of it!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/