Sunday, 17 November 2013

All Stitched Up

I learned that it is possible to stitch on paper several years ago from a great book, Sewing on Paper, by Catherine Matthews Scanlon.  I love this technique and was so surprised that it works really well!  I used the cover from a pad of paper and had a fun time choosing a variety of stitches in red:
I stamped a stitched floral on vintage linen scrap for the center of the emblem:

I have loved the tags from this challenge and Proverbs.  So much great work!
Laura

17 comments:

  1. This is phenomenally gorgeous on SO many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful tag I really love it, well done! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stitching to make this stunning tag

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully stitched tag! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, wonderfully stitched! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura your tag has such a lovely vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Laura! I have always been a bit nervous of stitching on paper, but your tag makes me want to have another go.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so very cute...all those designs together!! And I loooove stiching, but sadly didn´t have a sewing machine on hand ;( ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, so homespun and quilty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have such fun tags, Laura. The color scheme in this one is amazing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your stitches on paper - beautiful tag

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing tag! Stitching on paper scares me, lol, but you did such a tremendous job. Love the look of this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag, love the colours and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful Laura. Love it a lot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This is an exceptional tag -- I love the antique look of it!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!