Monday 18 November 2013

All Stitched Up

All Stitched Up - hand stitched calico, depicting "The Emperor's New Clothes" 
I almost didn't make it again this week, but here at last  is my "All Stitched Up " tag ... well, the Emperor is 'all stitched up" in more ways than one. I am sure you all know of the story of " The Emperor's New Clothes"? He was "stitched up " ( defrauded) by his courtiers, so I have depicted a figure literally "stitched" with nothing on but his crown and underpants!  And I hope you don't mind if I also add my tag from last week too . The proverb is "A cat may look at a king" - not a very common saying but with a profound meaning. Someone who is considered inferior is not restricted in the presence of others more superior - from the proverbs of John Heywood, 1562. 
Hope to have a look at all your beautiful tags  now and hopefully be a little more organised for the next tag!
Best wishes, Wilma
Proverb : magazine illustration and Laurel Burch print depicting "A cat may look at a king." 

10 comments:

  1. Two brilliant tags. I love that proverb and you have illustrated it so well. As for using the Emperors New Clothes....genius! Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tags are great, love the proverbs you chose, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both tags are very clever! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quirky take on both tags! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is so cute and clever! --Sandy Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you clever thing, that is such an inspired tag! Tehehehe, had me giggling as well. The proverb tag is fabulous as well, love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both terrific tags. I love the cat inthe second pne

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wilma your tags are wonderful! I love Laurel Burch's illustrations - so bright and full of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both your "royal" tags, but my absolute favorite is the Emperor's New Clothes. The outline is delightful and the way you outlined it with stitches is very clever. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite childhood fairy tales. Great idea Wilma, to 'unfrock' the emperor, lol :o))

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/