Tuesday 19 November 2013

KINGS AND QUEENS

Bonjour everyone

Many thanks for all the lovely comments last week!  Hope you are all well and enjoying a creative week.  My tag this week did not turn out at all like I had planned.  I was in the middle of my idea when I spied a frame I had worked on a week or two ago and whoof - off I was in another direction!
The frame is die cut and inked with alcohol and distress inks and then embossed with gold, silver and platinum powders.  The queen is Catherine de Valois - a French princess who married an English King (Henry V).

Looking forward to seeing all your Kings and Queens.

A bientot
Carolyn xx

9 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, the frame gives it a lovely touch! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lovely" was my first thought too! Would also be very pretty hanging on an Xmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifil tag and the frame looks amazing

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you went in a different direction as your tag is totally lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The color scheme you used gives it such a royal feel. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a gorgeous queen tag! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't this make a great pendant if it was a little smaller? I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag, and I particularly like the frame for your queen.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/