Tuesday, 5 November 2013

PROVERBS

Bonjour from wet and windy south west France!
Super Halloween tags last week!  I was going to continue along that theme this week with 'too many cooks spoil the broth' and wanted three witches round a cauldron but couldn't find an image I was happy with!  Anyway here is my effort with something else:


The label comes from a reel of cotton that I found in my late Mum's sewing box - I so used to love sorting out her colours when I was a  little girl - this reel is probably as old as me!!
Looking forward to seeing all your 'Proverbs'.
A bientôt
Carolyn xx

14 comments:

  1. A very beautiful tag to show perfectly the proverb you have chosen

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and that saying is true! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super!! The witch's brew idea is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of this one! May have to think again or try another version - a lot to live up to though; this is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to use this proverb, but couldn't have done it the justice you have done here. I love what you've done Carolyn; the colours are all fab :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved sorting through my mom's box of sewing stuff, too -- happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent fabric/sewing tag. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag, I did this one as well, and also have a few of those reel ends of my Nan's, who died 65 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this proverb and you have made a marvelous tag for it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful proverb tag Carolyn!
    I love the way you've gathered the muslin and and done some stitching.
    A lovely old cotton reel sticker.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the texture you created through your draping of the muslin and the stitches in your tag. Pinning the needle used in the stitching was a brilliant idea too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous execution of the theme on a very pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!