Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Starry Night and Christmas Tag Swap

Bonjour all my lovely tag friends.

For my starry night tag I inked the background with Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain and Aqua Lagoon Shimmer Mist which I splatter with water.  The image of Bethlehem is from an old Christmas card.  I added some peel off shimmery stars and some little silver foil ones.  Finished off by inking the edges silver and die cutting the word 'star'.  Hope you like it. Its a lot more shimmery in real life!


Happy mail has arrived and WOW, what a treat.  I am beyond thrilled to receive such gorgeous tags!!

Here is one from Petra - absolutely stunning and with a darling little tinkly bell, too.  Thank you so much.

.

Now a stunning tag from Julia - a pretty chipboard tag with the most fabulous foil embossing on the heart and angel - amazing work!  Thank you.

Shane has sent me a beautiful silvery tag with a gorgeous image of St. Nicholas which takes me right back to my childhood - I used to have a figuring of the same image and we called him the 'blue Father Christmas'!  Fabulous, thank you.

This next one is from Valerie - a very beautiful tag in cream and gold with a darling little wooden violin for the cherub to play - just gorgeous, thank you!

Now for a fabulous treat from Paula - this is sooooo pretty and is going to hang on my tree.  A lovely silvery star and thank you also for the beautiful ribbon and snowflakes you also sent - wonderful!

Last, but not least a beautiful tag from Carolyn with the most sumptuous beaded wire - just gorgeous!  Love that you have stitched it.  Very special, thank you.

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas with lots of laughter and fun!  See you back here at the end of December with some wintery landscapes! 

Lots of love
Carolyn xx




8 comments:

  1. Lovely tags Carolyn, have a happy holiday! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tag-- great for Christmas! Thanks for sharing your swap tags too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag and great to see the ones you received in the swap

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn your tag is lovely and those from your swap all so different and delightful in their own unique way. Have a wonderful peace filled Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your starry night tag! and you must be just reveling in the pretty tags you received! a wonderful swap. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely tags - the swap is a fabulous idea isn't it - getting lovely mail popping through the letter box is great! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all wonderful! I'm getting excited about receiving mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Star of Bethlehem tag - it reminds me of embroidered sil,k fabric, it's beautiful. What a lovely bunch of tags you got too! Happpy Christmas! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!