Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Pleats, Folds and Tucks

Bonjour!

I hope everyone is well this week and perhaps enjoying some signs of spring if you're in the northern hemisphere!

I was rather struck be something Arnoldo said the other week about embracing your imperfections so I pinched his phrase for my tag this week.  I seem to waste rather too much time and energy fretting if things aren't right when I'm crafting so I'm going to try to chill a little and 'embrace my imperfection'!!

The base of my tag is a mixture of distress paint, distress stain and crackle paint (maybe some gesso thrown in - I can't remember!)  The folding is the technique I have used to make my die cut flower appear 3D.

Will pop back tomorrow to have a look at all your wonderful tags.
A bientot
Carolyn xx 

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful background and a gorgeous flower

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty tag and very true sentiment! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colours, and a great folded flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dimension in that folded flower and the background is gorgeous too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Carolyn I'm with Arnoldo!Your tag is delightful in colours that I think are evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always for anything that encourages embracing imperfections. YES!! The colors are dreamy too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful folded flower! I just love the colours you have used, and as for the sentiment, it is one we should all remember when we are making art! Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!