Tuesday 25 March 2014

Locks and keys

Hi everybody!

Locks and keys is a theme with lots of creative possibilities.
I made 2 tags, both different, but I like them both.


The first one has a background stamped in various layers and then distressed, and mounted onto a second tag made from corrgated cardboard, partly peeled, painted, and 'rusted' with Viva rust. The sentiment is a stamp from TH, the flourish is from LaBlanche, and the background stamp is from EBAY - I don't know more! I fastened the tags together with a large eyelet, and added a heart-shaped loch from LaBlanche on a ballchain from TH. The key is a brad from my stash. I clear embossed the sentiment after stamping to give it more definition.


The second tag has been made from a piece of card where I tried out some new stamps from TH that I got as a present. I distressed the card with dried marigold and wild honey, and stamped with Archival sepia in a random fashion till the tag was full. The heart was made in a mould using candle wax remains, and coloured with Inka Gold in gun-metal grey and copper. The tags have been fixed together with a TH paper clip, and I added some tissue tape and lace in one corner.


Have a good week you all, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!

Valerie

11 comments:

  1. Simply goregous! I love vintage keys so both of these tags speak to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tags, both so different, and each so beautiful in its own way! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tags Valerie with wonderful locks and keys on them.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tags Valerie. You've put a lot of thought into them and given a great tutorial on them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layering and stamping anf a great choice of embellishments - both tags a roaring success! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mixed media tag! Work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tags, both of them Valerie! I love all the layering of stamps you did here. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'm already a fan of your work, Valerie, and these two are simply fantastic. I have to get one of those argyle patterned stamps. Love it!
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb tags as always Valerie! Someone mentioned tutorial; I think it would be awesome if you did tutorials. Your work is so inspiring. :o) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two Fabulous tags, love all the different elements on them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both fabulous, and I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite. Love the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/