Tuesday 8 April 2014

The fantastic and strange

Hi everybody!

Another week has flown by and it's time for a new edition of Tag Tuesday. Our theme this week is
'The fantastic and strange'. My first thought was yikes, what do I do for this? My
second thought was much the same!
In the end I remembered a picture in one of my strange books. It's called 'The infinitely great and the infinitely little and was published in 1885. There are a lot of engravings of all sorts of things, animals and places that were surely weird and wonderful to the people reading it back then.


My fave illustration when I was a little girl was this one, and especially the caption under it, which reads, 
'Gnomes of the German Legends laying bare the skeleton of an ichthyosaurus'
I was most astonished that a book which was supposed to be scientific, was talking about German gnomes! I have seen a lot here, but mostly in people's front gardens....


Anyway, to cut a long story short,  I used the picture to make my tag. 
The clean shoes are to change into so as not to take too much dirt home to their house, where I presume they were living with the Sleeping Beauty. And they probably found the skull during the excavations....



That's all for today. Have a good week, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!

Valerie

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, fun tag and what a great old book! Good story, too! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Valerie-you created the atmosphere for this terrific tag

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....my third thought is still......yikes, what do I do for this, haha.
    This is a fabulous tag Valerie and how fantastic the tales are. I love the wee embellishments you've used :o) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag, and the story! Fun embellishments, too. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, love the background, and the wee embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag, Valerie! The image is quite scary and the jolliness of the embellishments seem to make it more so!! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag filled with all sorts of magic! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/