Friday 6 June 2014

Roses

Hi Everyone 

I am a newbie to Tag Tuesday so thanks for the invite to this fabulous site full of so many talented artists.  It is quite a privilege for this watercolourist who has only recently taken up the exploration of mixed media.  

Not surprisingly, my Rose Tag this week is predominantly watercolour with odd bits of ink in the zentangle border, the distressed edging and the word Rose.  I set out with soft, delicate airy watercolours in mind but ended up with a busier more dramatic feel than intended.   It is the freer, diverse and whimsical side of mixed media that is attracting me to it right now.  Though I am looking forward to exploring more of mixed media’s facets with the lovely idea of creating these fun tags here at Tag Tuesday. 
 
Happy creating till next week.  Laura x 

 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Laura and welcome!! What a stunning debut tag for Tag Tuesday! The rose is superb. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work, so pleased you joined us! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful painted tag Laura

    A big welcome to Tag Tuesday and I look forward to seeing more of you tags

    Love Chrissie d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for a first tag, I'm stunned and looking forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Laura :D Your tag is beautiful and the zentangling really sets ot off :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your beautiful watercolored rose, and the bold colors you've used. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Tag Tuesday, Laura! What an eye catching first tag. I hope you enjoy playing along, and look forward to seeing more of your tags.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so glad you have joined us! your watercolor roses tag is exquisite. welcome and i look forward to seeing more of your art. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to this fab group, your rose is lovely. Look forward to seeing more of your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the group .... and what a great tag - your watercolour is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got me all excited with this gorgeous watercolour tag, about whats to come from you in the future. What a little beauty! Have a great time here on Tag Tuesday. Can't wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous14 June, 2014

    Hi Laura, welcome aboard. I haven't posted in a few weeks, but glad I caught Valerie's introduction.
    LOVE your tag. I'm not too comfortable with mixed media myself, but I absolutely love making tags of all kinds, including some with my husband's and daughter's illustrations. Your watercolors here are gorgeous.
    Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/