Wednesday 16 July 2014

Bugs


As many of you have guessed, I like working with tea bag paper, so here is my tea bag bug tag luminary. It is made by printing a "colouring book " image onto a used, emptied and dried tea bag, and pressing a leaf between it and another tea bag, and dipping and rolling it in melted beeswax. The tea bag paper becomes translucent and they look great hanging in a window, or as a book mark tag. The photo below shows the tag without light behind it. 

I also apologise as I don;t know where last week went.  I finished my tag for the theme, Japan, early on Tuesday morning and thought I would be able to sneak it in, but some of the early birds already had their Bugs tags posted, so here it is - another tag using an image on tea bag paper over the top of a magazine image. Great Japanese tags, everyone and already beautiful bugs!

6 comments:

  1. Both really terrific tags. I love the simplicity of the bugs one

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tags, and love the technique you have used! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both beautiful! I LOVE the artsy effect you get with this teabag and beeswax technique. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these tags Wilma. The Crickets?Grasshoppers? are really good and the Kokeshi doll charm is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What charming tags and with a tea bag too! Your tags are wonderful.
    Yes to your comment I absolutely have to be a fast worker at the moment.....too too much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both tags are wonderful. I love the technique you have used with the teabag and wax. It is stunning. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/