Tuesday 16 September 2014

Stencils

Hi everybody!

It's Tuesday again, and stencils is a great theme, so hope to see lots of gorgeous tags from you all this week! 
Thanks to all who left nice comments last week, too!

 I have used the lovely stencil from Dina Wakley again, 'moon faces'. I used a piece of recycled card from an old calendar, und used a small diamond stencil sprayed with blue and brown to make the background layer. Then I added some numerals and alphas with a CWS stencil. The Moon faces were added with Viva Rust and lightly sprinkled with fairy dust. I machine-stitched some fibres for hair, and then sewed the tag with zig-zag stitch to a corrugated card background. I still had the feeling that it needed something, so I cut a little roof out of the same cardboard and stitched it on. The little window face has been made with shrink plastic. I had fun making this one!




And a photo of the beautiful sky early Monday morning:


Have a great day, take care,
and thanks a lot for coming by!

Valerie

7 comments:

  1. That sky could have been taken here, yesterday Valerie! What fine weather we've been enjoying of late.
    Your tag is wonderful! I really like the hair and the stencil itself is really cute I think. A real 'moon face' imo. And of course I love your signature corrugated cardboard ((hugs)) :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your stencil entry, Valerie. I have no idea how you come up with such a variety of styles, but it's so much fun to see what you'll come up with next.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun tag today, love all the details, and always different. Love the mix of motives and materials. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag Valerie and the hair is such an amazing idea.

    Beautiful photograph of the sky as well

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! love the fiber hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 'arty' feel to this one, Valerie. Quite different!
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Valerie! Well done with a quirky and intesting tag! Lovely landscape photo too, thznks for posting.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/