Tuesday 16 September 2014

Stencils

I thought this was going to be easy this week. Wrong! What to do with soo many stencils and a blank brain?!

Oh, well, I 'came good' and here is the result of my endeavours. The pictures don't actually do it justice, (if I may say so myself).


And a close-up

I used two different stencils and dabbed red and yellow paints through them for the background. Then I used a leaf stencil and an orange paint, over which I rubbed red oil pastel and antique gold rubbing wax, (such a shame the glimmer doesn't show up here).  
I stamped #CE1-2E Bohemian Woman, from Rubber Dance Art Stamps, and embossed her using a gold glitter powder to make her twinkle. (like me, hehe).
Finally I added a quote and coloured my ribbon using the same paints as on the tag.

I want to thank you all for the lovely comments on my Rapunzel tag last week, they were very much appreciated and I look forward to seeing your stencil art this week. Have a good one, and stay well ((hugs))

5 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, it's always hard to take pics of shine and glitter! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag and I love the glitter addition

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumn feel to this one, Mo! I like the leafy background. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the same thing, stencils, easy, but somehow I stood there staring at my supplies without end. :) Sometimes easy can be the most difficult, but I absolutely love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a tag. I like your analogy, it made me smile! It's very pretty too.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/