Tuesday 25 August 2015

Jewelry

I don't get here often enough, so I decided to make a tag that blends last week's Netting with this week's Jewelry, since they may both be present during a tea party.  I've been wanting some teacup dies, but as I mentioned earlier in the summer, I'm short on a budget.  Therefore, I decided once again to design my own templates to make my tag's elements.


I started off by drawing and cutting out a symmetrical tea-tag, a saucer, and two teacups.  Then, I drew and cut out two different styles of teacup handles.  The latter will make it easier to cut the cups and give me more teacup design options.  Next, I worked on my background.  I made it more interesting by adding a corrugated cardboard strip, an embossed clock face, and a hand lettered label. I traced and cut-out my teacup pieces out of a variety of prints and assembled the cups.  I used some miniature alphabet stamps to label my tag, stapled a strip of thread, and taped it to the back of the upper teacup.  I used foam strips to attach the teacup piece onto the tag.  As a finishing touch I added a silk flower and a netting tie.


Hope you like my design.  Thank you for leaving a comment and be sure I'll reciprocate by leaving a comment on your tag as well.  Blessings!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tea-cup tag! Thanks for joining in this week. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag.Good idea to do your own template.You made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb cup design Arnoldo!! The tag is fantastic, right down to your very nice hand lettering :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome tag!!! Your tea cups are so well done - you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very impressed with the die cuts you created and also with the final product! your work is so beautiful,it is always a delight when you post. this creation is no exception, just lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag with your home made die cuts

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/