Wednesday 2 September 2015

blues and browns

hey everyone, nice to see lots of you posting this week and a fond welcome to the first timers!  i love this color combination.  i admit i did not travel outside my comfort zone in approaching this -- i made a collaged tag featuring our required colors.


the beautiful woman as well as the map behind her are from lunagirl collage sheets.  these vintage images were conveniently in just the shades of blue and brown that i wanted to play with.  the wings are from a tim holtz set (it is actually a moth sticker).  i additionally added washi tape, prima flowers and ribbon.  the background paper in french script was something from my stash.

happy week!  love to all.

9 comments:

  1. And what a lovely tag it is! Thank you for the link to the papers. I love all the muted tones you put together. Really, no probs with the comfort zone? I find brown really difficult. I do love sepia though and I like that in your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag, as always, Michele. Love the colours and style. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely vintage style tag, the map is a fab touch and I like the addition of the wings :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tag, Michele! The image is lovely, and the blues and browns combination work really well.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is very pretty - I love the shade of blue you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely elegant tag Michele.The lovely image is enhanced by this soft and pretty colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's an elegant beauty..I believe I might even have this image in my clip art...which hasn't been used for more than a year! The colors are perfect for this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, the muted colours are really effective.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/