Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Bows


Hello again tag friends! I have three new tags for the Bows theme.  All were chipboard cutouts, including the tag base and details like the truck, trees, deer, skates, and foliage.  I painted, embossed and glued myself silly. :)  The bows were all made with ribbon using a technique I saw on Pinterest using the tines of a fork to wrap the bow.  All tags are 8"x4".  They are also kind of sparkly which is darn near impossible to capture with a camera.  The skate blades are silvered using foil transfer sheets (Tim Holtz has a tutorial on you tube).  I hope you like them.  Let me know if you have questions about  them - I used a lot of different techniques.


Thanks!
Heather


14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic set of tags, so glad you decided to join us! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valerie! I'm really enjoying working to your prompts. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a terrific trio of tags!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tags with a vintage feel

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. each of these is so lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete

  6. Fabulous tags, lots of interest and textures, love all of them. I see you are a big Tim Holtz fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your tags - the ice skates especially!! (Reminds me of when I would go ice skating every night as a teenager.) The bows are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the very kind feedback! Wendy, it's hard not to be a Tim fan when he has such great products and ideas, don't you think? Inevitably most of the dies in my collection are from his line. :) Ah well, I hope I can find some ways to use them that are my own. I am really inspired by all the talented people I find across the web - including this group!

    Thanks again, all!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather
    Just love your tags! Amazing style and composition. The vintage feel is just fab and I love that you have put in so much effort - gorgeous! I love Tim too.
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather, you asked whether I had sequins on my tag. No, they are faux buttons, cut from card and then I added some glossy accents on top :D
    Many thanks for your lovely comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. All super! Especially love the skates. Such a universal symbol - totally for everyone, whatever they happen to be celebrating this time of year. Nostalgia :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome set of tags. I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. terrific bows! and great layers! well done:)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!