Tuesday 5 January 2016

Science

Hi All. Happy 2016 to you and yours and I hope that the ne

w year has got off to a good start for you.

It was good to see something easy as the theme for this week.

 It was easy for me as I was a laboratory technician for most of my working life and my first lab job was at Bassetts where the liquorice allsorts are made. We tested everything that went into making the sweets and my favourite job was testing the colours. Every bottle of colour was made in a separate lab next to where I worked and then passed onto us to be tested to make sure it was exactly the right colour just a few grains of the powdered colour could make so much difference.

Can't wait to see what everyone makes. Have a great week.

Love Chrissie xx

10 comments:

  1. Great tag Chrissie! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a romantic take on science. You job sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie--I like the way you think--perfect for an art/science theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for your tag Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this idea! what a great way to combine science an art! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting back-story to your tag! Very cool indeed! I like the test tubes of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly clever and manages to be pretty as well,. How did you do that? X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie - such an attractive tag! The colours are beautiful. Although I am a great fan of liquorice all sorts, I have never thought about the science ( and art) of developing and testing the colours - fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who'd have thought there'd be so much to making sweets. Loved learning something new. And I really like this colourful tag, very attractive and so well laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever! very very clever!! :D

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/