Monday 12 August 2019

Anything goes and a prize

Hi Everybody!

Thanks to all who entered our last challenge hosted by Joan. I enjoyed visiting all of your varied and beautiful tags. This time it's my turn to host for the next 2 weeks. I have 2 tags to get you going, and will be posting more on my blog  Bastelmania in the next 2 weeks. I will also be giving a prize, a packet of crafty stamps and embellishments etc to one person whose name will be pulled out of the hat at the end of the 2 weeks, so hope to see YOU joining in! If you join in more than once you get more chances! I have called my first tag 'Lost and found' because I recently cleared and cleaned my workspace and found piles of things which had been lost for a long time. The background is recycled cardboard embossed in a TH folder. The key is a grunge-board shape, also from TH, and the heart and anchor were plastic bits which I had removed from cards sometime in the distant past. I used lots of embossing powder and perfect pearls in gold, silver and various other hues to give the metallic look.  If you try embossing plastic, be careful, it might melt!






And this tag is a summery one using rose transfers on a large (8") tag, adding some cut outs and stickers, and sewing it all to a contrasting piece of matting. The text was hand-written - quick and easy to make.




I hope you will be inspired to join us in these next 2 weeks, and am looking forward, as always, to your interpretations.

Have fun!

Valerie


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


17 comments:

  1. Wow, your metallic texture tag is just amazing, Valerie, such lovely shimmering colours. And the vintage images collected on the rose tag are charming. Great to be able to play along here for an Anything Goes with my double tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tags Val! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hallucinated with your tags, Valerie.
    The metallic textures are really wonderful.
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tags. The first one is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both lovely. I especially like the ship anchor on the first one, and the red girl on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your embossed tag fabulous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous inspiration tags, both have wonderful details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Valerie!Tus trabajos son fantásticos, me gustan todos tus tags la mezcla de colores y texturas es perfecta.

    BESOS desde Sevilla- España

    ReplyDelete
  9. Valerie: please exclude my name from the prize drawing. I mostly do digital artwork, so I'd rather see the crafty package go to someone who does mixed media and/or 100% paper crafting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, will do! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous inspiration -pleased I found time for a tag!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piękne prace!!! Pozdrawiam serdecznie:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely inspirational tags. Glad to join in.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/