Sunday 8 January 2012

SNOW

Hi everyone, I am so pleased to have found Tag Tuesday and I have really enjoyed making my tags. I made two tags, after finding two snowy stamps in amongst my treasures. They are by one of my very favourite artists Andy Goldsworthy and at last I have found the perfect use for them.

I used scrap-booking papers for the backgrounds, lots of punched snowflakes, and to give a slightly old,worn look to the edges of the paper I used Tim Holtz distress inks. I wanted to create a layered look so each layer is attached with StickyFixits to raise it from the base. The snowflakes are only glued in the centre so they curl very slightly and look more layered. On the top tag I wound wires into spirals, with a bead at each end, and on the bottom tag I threaded snowflakes and the stamp onto a length of wire.
I have been amazed at all the beautiful tags - I can't wait to get started with the next one and also see what everyone else comes up with. Many thanks to Carolyn for hosting this.
Diana

19 comments:

  1. Very nice Diana! The layering effect you did is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tags Diana! Great layered effect and the postage stamps are perfect! (I've used a postage stamp for next week's tag!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The snowflakes give your tag a real lacy effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag Diana, love that you made it in two layer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn Howarth08 January, 2012

    Love your curly snowflskes - fantastic tags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layered tags are fabulous, love the icy cold feel. And the wires are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the stamp and a lovely tag.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really do look so icy, love the twisted wire!. Amazing tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such loveliness ! perfect icy layers and lots of lovely texture.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your punched snowflakes - they add depth to you tag. Lovely work.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the snow flakes on this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to display the two stamps. The overall effect of the snow flakes and layering is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour & the snowflakes beautiful tag, Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the stamps you've used ... a great idea. Glad you are enjoying Tag Tuesday. Look forward to seeing your next tag x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The snowflakes are amazing, like the addition of beads on the wire too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so pretty and I definitely like that layered look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. loving all the layers of snowflakes and the color too...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Been looking back at all the beautiful Tags for this month and I especially love this one its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/