Thursday 26 January 2012

Vintage - The Telegram

For this tag I focused on a vintage form of communication, sadly the telegram is no longer around. In these days of computers the pen and paper is sadly hardly used. I love it when I get a snail mail from a friend. Cardstock tag with distressed edges inked with brown ink. I stamped some script onto a piece of onion paper that I had stained with cold coffee to age. I then set light to the edges and blew it out immediately to leave a charred edge to the paper. An old telegram and a fountain pen cut from a printed sheet I had in my stash were added. A pair of wire glasses, clock hands, a metal embellishment with the word remember and some frayed string finish the tag.

11 comments:

  1. This is a great tag. I, too, mourn the loss of snail mail. I particularly like the charred piece and the fountain pen image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever tag, I agree, there is something magical about the written word. Love the way you have put it together. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could be our next trick, to send letters to each other. Have you seen Frances Pickering's book Page after Page, she does lovely painted letters. Also look out for Percy Kelly's painted letters, he was an artist from Cumbria, UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC love the charred effect, great job, May x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tag, love the charred effect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag, and definitely captured something of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag, I really like the pen image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag-love the ebellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoops-embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the little details and the layers.
    Beth.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/