Wednesday 25 January 2012

Vintage

Hi Everyone, Jane here,

I thought last week's tags were amazing! I really enjoyed seeing all the different interpretations of the theme. However, I restrained myself from commenting on them this time, as I spent ages looking at everything last time, and thought I should actually get on with making my own tag!

For this week's tag, I have stuck to a winter/snow theme as well as a vintage one. My lady is from a book on Victorian costume. I chose her because she is wearing a fur trimmed coat and looks ready to go out in the snow!
For my vintage theme, I chose patchwork in wintery, Victorian colours, reminiscent of the interior decor they used in the parlour.
The background for my tag is vintage plaid fabric. The image of the Victorian lady was the next layer. Over this I placed a layer of voile printed with a vintage stamp with text and old watches.
The patchwork border is made using the English patchwork technique, which is edged with cotton lace. A fringe at the bottom sets it off, and finally a green braid was added as a hanger.

I have put in a close up as the voile is hard to photograph, so you can see the detail of the lady and the patchwork.

The image and the stamp on voile


6 comments:

  1. Glad you made your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Victorian patchwork makes a very striking image, love it, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique...I'll have to try it. I really like the contrast between the image and the patchwork and fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the stamping on voile, gives it lovely softness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and so perfect for the wintery theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much work has gone into this tag. Well done!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/