Monday 6 February 2012

Lace and wax

here is my tag for this week's theme of lace

it's a long thin tag measuring 18 x 6 cm
with a vintage image of a little girl wearing a white dress
which just needed a little lace to pretty it up

such a sweetie
I dipped the photo in wax
for a lovely translucent look and waxy feel
edged the tag in lace fabric with a lace flower
printed the words on torn vellum
finished with two mother of pearl hearts
and lace ribbon to hang

Link
at the bottom of the tag ...
I love this texture in the wax ♥

super tags everyone!

Carolyn ♥

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I especially love the texture at the bottom, was this sugar or rock salt? Lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top of the tag and the wax effect. Looking for to seeing next weeks.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very beautiful, Carolyn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag! And I love the new blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag - I love the image and the effect you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous tag, I love the idea of using wax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always,lovely! Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, I just love the wax effect, Perfect, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag, nice effects! Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I've always wanted to try wax - hmmmmm. J

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous! Love all the techniques. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes definately a sweetie!! Love the effect the wax gives...must try this sometime..Thank you for the beautiful inspiration!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful technique and tag

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful effects achieved with wax - thanks for sharing techniques.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/