Tuesday 21 February 2012

Poetry

I don't have a favourite poem,
...but this one does hold a special place in my heart
My father sadly passed away on Valentine's day (11 years ago)
and a dear friend sent me this comforting poem...


'Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the
swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

‘Mary Elizabeth Frye’
So, on the anniversary of my fathers passing...These comforting words inspired me to make this weeks tag....
-oOo-

I chose the chipboard tag, because of its shape, painted the background with shades of grey, stamped and embossed the flowers and angel (Andy Skinner stamps) coloured the Angel with promarkers, added the R.I.P. (alpha stamps) words (computer printed words), seam binding, a cross charm I found in my craft stash, vintage rule and a little paper rose.
Poem on back of Tag
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

15 comments:

  1. Jan your tag is precious and bitter sweet.

    I love that poem... it's really special.

    Lots of love

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have touched my heart with this tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a tear in my eye, I say Fabulous, special, precious Tag, Lovely, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done so apt and tasteful. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and poignant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such meaning and such sensitivity make this tag so special - beautifully done with love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this poem, such a treasured thing. Your tg is so so beautiful jan, made me want to cry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes its one we probably have all recited at some time or other

    ReplyDelete
  9. I first read this poem many years ago when a friend, whose brother had passed away, wrote it down for me. Your tag is a nice memorial to your father.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tag to remember your father.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely, and touching...

    ReplyDelete
  12. a stunner Jan and i have always loved that poem...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan, your tag is beautiful front and back. Just very beautiful. What a lovely memory of your dad. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really poignant poem for your sweet but sad tag, Jan.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/