Tuesday 21 February 2012

Tag tuesday. Poetry and Prose...



Practising my white space this week....:) something I'm not good at!! Any way i found this tag with the spilt watercolors and added some ink spray and the tiny lily of the valley paper flowers that i found at work today. computer font is eightfifteen.

i have also been re reading The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and this is one my favorite quotes from them and she has so many.........its hard to describe her books but they are so multi layered and rollicking good fun with lots of romance, drama and history.

i have discovered reading again lately, its like a good movie where you can just escape for a little while...

As its still Valentines month i thought what could be more appropriate than a Scottish wedding vow that the two main characters use when they are married.....

Ye are blood of my blood, and bone of my bone,

I give you my body that we two might be one.

i give you my spirit till all our life shall be done....

[Diana Gabaldon]

11 comments:

  1. I am a big softy and I don't mind admitting it!

    I love the style of your tag, I've never heard that vow, I especially like the last line "I give you my spirit till all our life shall be done"....

    I shall be looking out for Diana Gabaldon books now.... I am in the mood for "rollicking good fun with lots of romance, drama and history"

    Just the thing for February!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is very special and I've never heard that vow before but it is incredible and really says it all so much with feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS, Love Diana Gabaldon books, words are perfect, Great job! lovely tag May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely tag and I love those words. I will be looking out for Diana Gabaldon now. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet and lovely Jen, and what a vow...love the last line of it!..and those tiny lily of the valley paper flowers are a fab touch! Love it!
    I may just have to get my hands on a Diana Gabaldon book now!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet tag. I'd never heard that vow before - it's beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful tag-I will have to read that series now--love to hear about books I've not read yet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the introduction to a new author, I shall have to look out for her books. A lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tag - the words are beautiful, I'd never heard that vow before and the background is really lovely - it all works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this got my romantic heart strings going that is for sure! The font is just perfect for this art piece. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tag - great words and splashes!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/