Tuesday 21 February 2012

POETRY

Hi everyone,
Throughout my childhood I remember my mum often quoting lines of beautiful poetry. This tag represents one of her favourites. It's from Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', and it holds lovely memories of my dear mum.

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull's in these flowers with dances and delight;



I tried to create a grassy, mossy bank where Titania might lay down and sleep!

I used a lime green acrylic base on the tag, tissue paper and silk. I sprayed over the green with walnut ink and punched out ivy leaves. These were laid around the tag with Sticky Fixits. I gathered the silk into little mounds and stitched it on to the tag, adding green and brown beads. I used fragments of lime green silk ribbon, which I frayed and glued on to the tag to represent grass and I added pictures of oxlip flowers around the edges. The centre is a real butterfly wing laid on silk and covered with a clear plastic dome.
I did try adding some of the other flowers mentioned but it all starting looking too 'busy'.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's tags this week - last week's tags were amazing.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tag, put together Perfect and so lovely it has special memories of your dear Mum. May x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very, very beautiful and inspiring tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Titania would have been very happy to sleep on your tag.... the colours and textures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful tag, so much detail and the colours Titania is hiding there somewhere. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...this is absolutely stunning Diana!! Such a beautiful and clever tag...Love it!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful tag. The perfect place for Titania to sleep. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this tag. You have captured the grassy moss so well. Your Friend Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautifully worked and the colours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous tag--so much work--I thought at first that theleaves were real! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful tag, so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have created the "feel" of these words so beautifully . A Midsummer Night's Dream was the first Shakespearean play I ever saw when I was about 10, and it remains my favourite. Very special for you, so thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. spectacularly beautiful tag...it does capture the theme beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Texture. Texture. Texture. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. The butterfly wing is killer! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/