Tuesday 21 February 2012

Poetry

I have a confession..... I had to look up the word prose just to make sure I had got it right.....


1. (n.) prose
the ordinary form of spoken or written language, without metrical structure, as distinguished from poetry or verse.

2. prose
matter-of-fact, commonplace, or dull expression, quality, discourse, etc.

Thats all right then...... here is my tag. The words are by Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727) spoken to his dog when he ruined papers of Newtons that represented years of work. Oh dear!
O Diamond! Diamond! thou little knowest the mischief done!


I really enjoyed making this tag..... the tag was from Woody's new jeans.... I covered it with some scrumpled tissue paper and torn strips of paper from a catalogue that had a nice vintagey feel... then I added some rub ons.


I love the photo..... I bought it ages ago at an antiques fair in Winchester, I added the diamond to his collar, glued on the quote and stapled the photo to the tag with some rather funky green staples! The 'cherish' dog tag I bought when I was in NY in a wonderful shop called The Ink Pad.... the only rubber stamp shop in NY. I thought there would be craft shops everywhere! Barry had the patient of a saint as we hunted it down in the snow!


Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does..... there is such a huge variety each week. It's wonderful!


Karen

15 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, Karen. Did Diamond survive? Or was he packed off somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual idea - I love it. Being a great lover of dogs I found this tag really caught my eye! I also love the colours you used - they give a great vintage feel to the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! Fantastic idea, great choice of colours to, May x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combination! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage look you have created it is perfect for that little dog and saying. I have never heard that saying before I have a naughty little dog so I can imagine how Issac must have felt. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag! Great image and quote. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sweet Karen...Naughty Diamond!! I also know another naughty little pooch who likes nothing better than to chew what he is not supposed too!!...So I can sympathise with Sir Issac!! I love the background, the sweet old photo and that dog tag charm.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think my friend Julie would have said this to her two black labs when they were naughty last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also thank you for the definition, I was going to look it up myself. It has helped with what I was thinking of using.
    Cheers.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tag-so unique--it is so much fun to see all the tags-everyone is so very talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tag, thank you for the definition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These words are great - it made me think what one might say these days - probably much more colourful language, definitely not as nice. The photo is wonderful - what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this :) the stipey layers look wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love this, my favourite !!!
    Hugs,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful tag, Karen. That's such a cute image. Poor Diamond's in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/