Friday 9 March 2012

Birds

This week I have used the words from a Psalm, I think it may be 91, but I can't remember. It says ' and he shall cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shalt thou trust'. I was quite happy to use my typewriter for the text, but my brother in his usual way, convinced me that was too easy, and that i should not only use my own writing, but make a quill pen too!Not so easy when it needed to be very small SO, after much trial and error, and ink everywhere (which I discovered didn't wash off) I present my bird tag!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag! And, yes, ink is permanent! I learned that in high school art, ruining a favorite blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation, all that hard work and mess was worth it! What a super tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that tag is just beautiful! The writing is simply perfect and it looks like it is something you have perfected over the years rather than practised just for this tag ... I love it. Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag really like this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! writing with a quill!! What a great idea for the this weeks theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely tag, I like the ideas your brother suggested they all make up a great tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love that feather.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see another magpie feather; together with mine that is definitely two for joy!Fantastic calligraphy, and most impressed that you made the quill pen too. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim,

    The verse is Psalm 91:4.
    It is a beautiful tag and verse!

    Best, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea, beautiful tag and the writing is adorable your brother's advice was Perfect to write with the quill! May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an original idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/