Friday 9 March 2012

birds

Spring is in the Air!

We've had a mild winter here in Chicago and I feel hopeful that Spring is not far away! Once again, I had fun with this challenge. I went a few different ways but ended up with a couple of tags that I like. I just wish that they had photographed better. :(

The first one is a grouping of fun birds in spring colors. Instead of wings, I attached a few flowers that I assembled. I was going to put them all in one tag (and attach them to a key ring through the eyes which I hole punched) but they were too cute to hide. So, since it's late, I just hung them on a cotton branch I had here in the house. The other tag is a bit more sophisticated. I took a picture of birds and drew over it with markers to intensify the colors. Then I mixed different colors of glitter and glued it onto the birds a little bit at a time to keep the glitter colors separate. This was detailed work and a bit time consuming but I really liked the way it turned out. I cut the glittered birds out and attached them to a branch that I glued onto a tag that I had distressed . Actually the birds are mounted to the tag with foam tape to appear like they are sitting on the branch. This gives the tag a lot of nice dimension. I hope that this is the last week I will be so late in posting. Wishing you all a week that is full of the beauty of nature and lots of creativity.
Best, Mary Ann
** Thank you for your kind comments.. hoping to get a chance to comment of all of the unbelievable work that you all have posted. What a delight to see so much talent and creativity!




14 comments:

  1. These are both such beautiful tags. Glad you decided to keep the cut out birds separate, they're too cute to be all together and look great on the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue birds are stunning, I can see how much work you put in! Lovely tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and colourful...loving your glittery creation too! Fab work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of work you have put in I particularly like the blue bird tag I bet they look even better in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags! The two blue birds are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet tags, I particularly like the sparkly blue birds. How pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your tags are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely cheery birds.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little birds all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the glittery birds!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the little birds, those glittered birds are STUNNING, May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tiny birds are charming but the glittered birds are magnificent. Are they named Mary Ann and Martha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sissy! How did you ever know?
      xo!

      Delete
  13. I've fallen in love all over again ;-)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/