Tuesday 27 March 2012

Easter Eggs.

How I love chocolate and how I ADORE Easter Egg chocolate! I can remember as a child being excited by all the layers to unwrap in an egg. First came the box, preferably with a big ribbon that I could use again.
easter egg tag
This was was coloured, embossed and rubbed over with viva gold paste.
Then came the delicate foil paper that I wanted to try and keep in a single piece and rub flat with my finger.
easter egg tag
Then the egg would appear, and shatter into pieces when I tapped it and oooh how delicious that chocolate would taste! This was painted and embossed paper.
easter egg tag  
Finally and if it was one of my favourite eggs, the inside would give up a lovely hoard of chocolate buttons that I could store in the fridge and nibble away at later!
I used the paper found in a recent box of chocolates for the base and punched out some 'buttons' that I layed onto some different foil.
easter egg tag
Think I will have to go and buy one now! Have a lovely week everyone, I shall enjoy all your eggs without putting on any weight! xx

13 comments:

  1. A lovely collection of eggs! Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg-licious B (think I will tell that to everyone LOL)...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH you have captured the sensations and memories perfectly!
    Lovely tag !
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly how I remember Easter eggs .... they're just not the same any more!
    Thanks for the memories!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I cant wait for my Easter egg.
    Well done Barb, its great
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really captured the look of chocolate. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...this is soooooo clever Barb...all the egg layers and the embossing the papers are a fab idea...brilliant take on this weeks challenge!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This EXACTLY captures the experience of an Easter egg. Brilliantly thought out and made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you always create with such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really love the textures on your egg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully made, with interesting techniques. I agree with all the other comments too! Well done!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic idea to take us through the pleasure of an Easter Egg. I'm slimming so I might keep this one till Easter morning and just imagine, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the layers and textures. You have captured our Easter Egg memories completely!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/