Tuesday 3 April 2012

Easter





I love the song Easter Parade and it inspired this tag. I decided to try a vintage tag for this week. First, I made a vintage paper doll. I created a lovely dress for her and made a coordinating backing on the tag in pinks and browns. I loved the bird cages, so I also placed a little bird on her wrist and used the opening lyrics of Easter parade on the round tag attached. Of course, the crowning touch was her bonnet...her Easter bonnet, complete with ribbon, glitter, and a tiny paper rose.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great idea! I love this!!! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a little girl the highlight of Easter was buying a new Easter dress, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I had the same idea-- but our end results are sure different! Love your paper doll! A lot of work there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea, Love it, Love the doll, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea.I just adore Paper Dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant lady - and so wonderful that's she's all made by hand! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tag.I think we all love paper dolls this is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I really love paper dolls too, and this is really pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fab tag. i can see all the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on this theme...Your paper doll is beautiful..Fab and clever little tag!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely tag ... such an original idea ... I love the dolly ... happy easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Easter Parade - the song is in my head (I also heard it on the radio today). The vintage paper doll and her special Easter outfit are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. A clever idea! I loved paper dolls when I was young.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/