Tuesday 3 April 2012

Easter

My tag represents what Easter means to me. I love Simnel cake, all that marzipan! And of course chocolate and as my mother is a very keen gardener; as a child our garden always seemed to be full of daffs, tulips and polyanthus in these colours- Easter/Spring to me!
I cut the egg shaped tag from a box that I no longer needed, photo copied and coloured the info on Simnel cakes. Flowers were some that were already in my stash and some were punched. Flowers were stitched to some lime green organza to add depth and texture. Re-purposed a piece of a broken necklace to hang it.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours! I like chocolat and marzipan as well- I am lucky to live in Switzerland;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Easter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous easter colours, Lovely tag, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So original! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously original concept and great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, I really like the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for this tag, so original. love all the spring flowers. must look up that cake, had never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the colour combo too...lovely elements...beautiful Easter tag!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfection ... the spring flowers are especially lovely and your memories of spring very very special. Happy Easter Sharne, lots of love, Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like marzipan but I do like your tag very much and the story behind it. Just popping over to your blog for a look round
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  11. This gorgeous tag sums up perfectly the tastes, colours, textures of Easter and I can almost smell the freshness of those flowers.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/