Tuesday 3 April 2012

Easter

Hello everyone. I wanted to make a tag to symbolise the Easter Story this week, so I chose the Last Supper and have had a go at portraying it in a symbolic form:
Tag Tuesday. Easter.
The 'disciples' are all cut from different pieces of brown and orange paper and their faces punched from painted paper. Jesus I kept in white with a gold halo. Then I stuck a tablecloth over the shapes and punched tiny circles from painted card for their goblets which I added shading to. The jug was drawn and cut from the same paper and then I painted a loaf of bread. It is not a 'pretty' tag and I would have liked to have made it more dainty but it seems to say what I wanted it to. For whatever your spiritual leanings I hope you have love and joy this Easter and can share a meal with your loved ones. I look forward to seeing all your wonderful work. With love xx

13 comments:

  1. Very clever! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Barb, really different. So simple but really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Barb on your tag and a happy Easter to you and your family
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very symbolic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! what an imagination, what a perfect interpretation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely idea put into practice, it is very symbolic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy seeing your tags each week Barb...you always have unique and unusual creations to offer...and this is no exception...A lovely symbolic tag... Very Clever!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ingenious ... and ver creative. Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How original and imaginative - a lovely and symbolic tag.
    Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a clever tag... beautiful, Happy Easter Barb, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great tag - ingenious and inspiring. Its simplicity is very powerful in retelling the Easter story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a great deal of thought behind the creation of this tag. I admire that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever idea! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/