Tuesday 24 April 2012

Purple

There are lots of you out there who are really purple lovers and have produced some exceptional tags using purple. I'm a red person, myself. I don't wear purple and it's about the only color that you won't find in my home. However, there is one thing that is purple that I think is glorious, stunning, breathtakingly beautiful - the Japanese Iris. For this tag, I painstakingly (and not as well as I would like) drew and painted a small Japanese Iris. Unfortunately, I was not able to capture the truly vivid shade of this flower, I cut out an oval copper frame and framed the iris, placing a tiny purple and orange butterfly on the rim of the frame. I hope you like it!

















11 comments:

  1. Like it? I love it! Your drawing is fantastic.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting of the iris, I am guessing watercolours. Pretty frame to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Your flower has an art nouveau-ish feel to it. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this tag.Framing gives it a nice touch.Love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love purple iria's, have tried to get them to grow in my garden without any luck. A pretty tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of Tiffany stained glass. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree with you on irises, they are such beautiful majestic flowers. You captured their beauty very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Jo on the Tiffany glass similarity.
    Well done.
    Lynn
    One I made earlier today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful iris, you have captured it completely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully painted iris! lovely tag!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS!!! Your work has such a unique and beautiful style to it! I am blessed to have a sister with such enormous talent!
    Love, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/