Tuesday 17 April 2012

Spring Flowers

This is my little spring flower tag - the flowers are cut from organza using a soldering iron and they have been stitched to handmade (by me) paper with bead and sequin centres. The tag has a skirt of lace with 'daffodil' type flowers and it's all mounted on a spring green tag. The background... another photo from my village calendar; a seventeenth century tomb in our churchyard (a listed monument now) surrounded by primroses. The photo is slightly 'chopped' at the top..... my camera and pc are not friends at the moment, so once a photo is loaded, I don't pursue the issue!

13 comments:

  1. Gilli, I loved this tag, flowers so delicate and beautiful refined
    colours. Your village sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, love the diff. fabrcs! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have made the flowers, very pretty! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delightful, the flowers are so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers! They look quite at home against the primroses in the graveyard. Thanks for sharing the photos from the village calendar, they are very good.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag. Handmade paper!How clever of you.I've never done it, but have watched it being made.Like magic when it starts to come together.Paper can be treated as a textile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done with your tag, its very effective. Its not far off Primrose Day, I think.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your organza flowers are wonderful - light, colourful and bright. Well done making handmade paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tag. The flowers are so beautiful - I love the soft, gentle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tag. The flowers are so beautiful - I love the soft, gentle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little flowers, I love their centers.Good idea to use daffodil lace; looking forward to seeing more of your local views, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whooo lovely and lacy!! I love your little handmade flowers :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/