Wednesday 18 April 2012

SPRING FLOWERS

SPRING FLOWERS

I really struggled with this week's tag. Maybe it was because I am busy preparing a memory book for a friend's 50th birthday or maybe it was because I don't think of myself as a "flowery" girl or maybe it was because I knew that there was nothing I could come up with that I would ever like as much as I like my Sister's (martham) beautiful umbrella doodle which I saw over Spring Break. (and she so magnificently recreated in her tag this week!)

After many false starts and several different iterations, I decide to go with a combination of watercolor paintings. I used a background of tulips and then mounted another watercolor of flowers from a flowering tree (I have no idea what kind) near the pizza bar (now that I could tell you all about... but that is a story for another time! ) . I raised the top painting up using several layers of foam tape. (Unfortunately, the photos doesn't show the dimensional aspect of the layering)

Thank you all for your kind works and comments last week. I hope to be able to comment on all of the lovely tags you produce very soon... but it probably won't be until after my friend's 50th party (at my house... another reason why I'm kind of busy!) this Saturday.

Wishing you all a spring flower filled, creative week!
Best,
Mary Ann

11 comments:

  1. Oh I think this is a such a beautiful tag - I really like the layers... hope you have a great party on Saturday for your friend - lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who thinks she's not 'flowery', you've made an incredible tag - so realistic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag! Love both the background and the flowers from the tree....really good work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercolour painting & flower sketch Mary Ann enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colours, bright and rich.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a really lovely tag, great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colours, so vibrant, full of the zest of Spring, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an "art" tag- could be a painting.Love it. Great colours too.very vibrant.
    Judy #15

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you stuck with it, the result is great. Bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a beautiful combo of colours...Beautiful Spring tag!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/