Tuesday 17 April 2012

Spring Flowers

'Daffodil and Snowdrops'
 A little textile tag
I started with a needle felted background on denim and machine stitched some
Oliver Twist short length yarns on top and couched on some dark green chenille.


Next I added little daffodil head from this great tutorial except I made it a quarter of the size.
I used printed yellow fabric for the petals, satin edged rayon ribbon for the flower centre,

pearly seed beads for snowdrop petals, I hand stitched their dark stalks
and added some tiny seed beads into the ground area.

I then hand stitched the whole piece onto some layered fabric
 and organza and frayed the edges,

backed it with card and added a selection of hand dyed yarns
 and a white ribbon for the tie.

Tag: Card Backing, Fabric & crystal organza, denim & needle felted wool
Embellishment: Yarns, Fabric flower and beads.
Tie: Ribbon & yarns
I'm quite excited about spring :) the sign of things to come,looking forward to the warmer weather and spending more time out in the garden, already there is more sun shining into my little studio each day filling it with light and warmth.

Looking forward to seeing Tag Tuesday fill up with spring flowers this week!
Yvonne x

12 comments:

  1. The felt and all the stitching work so beautifully together, the daffodil is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag...beautifully stitched...I LOVE your daff :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created. Such a lot of attention to detail in this tag. Love it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tag created with so much love - beautiful work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daffodil is wonderful, beautifully made x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! Beautifully worked with super techniques.
    Well done Yvonne!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have experimented. It looks great Yvonne.
    I love the daffodil.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love everything about this tag - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love textile tags... Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Textile art disguised as a beautiful tag - I really love the fabric daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really stunning tag. I LOVE the daffodil, and I love all the details you've worked into the tag - the snowdrops are delightful, and all the different textures are so interesting - I keep discovering more in it each time I look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yvonne, this is amazing! glad you took so many pics, there is something special in each one. The daddodil is fantastic, but also love the frayed organza over the flowery fabric background. So much attention to detail, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/