Tuesday 12 June 2012

Camping

Hi you all, Valerie here. Camping - hmmm, not my fave occupation! I went, more or less voluntarily to scout camps as a kid, (it was better than staying home!)  and took kids camping (definitely not voluntarily) as a teacher, but since then - no!

For my tag I cut a piece of cardboard in tent form, distressed it and inked it  a bit. The image is from one of my old books, it was hard to find camping images - apart from a few which show me, and they are TABOO!
I added some cheese cloth, dyed with some DI *ancient linen*, reminiscent of tent flaps or mosquito nets. I added a flag pole with Union Jack, and some tools, cut out of paper and rolled a bit to give them more form. The hammer is a little metal charm, and the verse is a song we used to sing around the camp fire - anyone else remember it?

There's a long, long worm a-crawling
Along the ridge of my tent.
I can hear reveille blowing,
And it's time I went.
There's some cold, cold water waiting
For me to take my morning dip,
And when I return I'll find that worm
Upon my pillowslip!


Have a good week you all, take care, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

  1. This is awesome Valerie! Great ideas and the netting is so cool. And I love the song too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Valerie! Love all the detail and the song. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the netting to - well done - not familiar with that particular camp song though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag - love the netting and the embellishments - all works perfectly. I've never heard of the song though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cheese cloth/mosquito netting is brilliant! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag Valerie, love the mosquito net! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tent tag is a great idea. Love the little poem but wish you had been brave and used a you photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tent shaped tag Valerie...love the cheescloth net, flag and all the other little embellies. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab tag - love the tent shape and the corrugated card - one of my favourite materials when I make books! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, especially the little tools, they are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply brillant.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Valerie thats a great tag.
    dib dib dob dob
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  13. great feel to this brilliant tag love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! I love all the little elements. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't know that song but the tag is great. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/