Monday 18 June 2012

Camping

I've been on several camping holidays over the years but have chosen last year's trip to Herm, one of the Channel Islands, to make into a tag for this week.  The island is just a mile and a half long and half a mile wide with wonderful unspoilt beaches.

We travelled by ferry to Guernsey, stayed overnight, and took the smaller ferry to Herm the next day.  No cars are allowed on the island, but thankfully, there is transport for your luggage so we didn't have to carry our camping gear across the island.  It may not be far, but there is a steep hill to climb

 The top photo shows the view from inside our tent looking out over the sea.  The second photo shows our plot which was probably one of the best on the site for views.  I was working on a weaving/crochet project just before we went so I took it with me and the yarns have been incorporated into my tag - the blue yarn in the sky of the top photo and the green bamboo yarn on the bottom photo.  Whilst we were on Guernsey waiting for our ferry, I went into a department store where they had a 75% off sale and bought some yarn to weave into cushion covers - a small piece of this is the string of the tag.  I have recently finished weaving the cushion covers and am sewing them up.

The background to the tag is a Guernsey £1 note and I have just realised I have put 2012 instead of 2011 oops.  I'll amend it but it's too late for this post before the Tag Tuesday deadline.  Please have a look at the tags the others have made.  Camping invokes fond memories for some but for others it has been something to endure

5 comments:

  1. Super! Really like the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous.... May x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have used the note as your tag. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Fiona, this is a lovely tag. I like all the elements of it. We took my Mum on a day trip to Herm while we were on holiday on Guernsey and we all loved it. I bought a book about the island and how it came to be inhabited and all the people who lived there. What an interesting place.
    Thank you so much for showing us your tag and to Carolyn for posting it. Ive really enjoyed it.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great memento! I did the same with dates recently, put2012 on a quilt instead of 2011, thankfully it was stitched roman numerals, so I just unpicked a I. Perhaps we just live in the moment... :)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/