Sunday 17 June 2012

CAMPING


I am not and have never been a camper. In my family, we joke that our idea of camping is the Ritz Carlton. The picture above MY CAMPING actually is the Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage, CA!
Why I Hate To Go Camping: A Camping Poem
What do you mean
there is nowhere to wash my hair?
Did you see that animal running?
It was big black bear!


The mosquitoes here
are a big as birds!
They can give you malaria,
haven't you heard?


The tent is tiny
and in mine is a sly red fox.
Why don't they make tents
with doors that lock?


A chorus of owls
kept me up all night.
Hey, I thought they were
supposed to be so bright.


The ants have
launched a terrible attack
on me and my
pile of snacks!


Great, a campfire,
now, I smell like smoke.
I dropped my hot dog
and five marshmallows into the fire, no joke.


I am hungry and tired.
I want my soft bed.
I am tired of acorns and pinecones
landing on my head.

Poem by Bridgette Williams

7 comments:

  1. Exactly! Good poem and tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cleverness of your post. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sound advice. Don't go camping myself. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem, and love the contrast on your tag, quite agree!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/