Saturday 30 June 2012

Tales of the River Bank

Loving everyone's tags so far! I was thinking of doing something based on Wind in the Willows or a kingfisher, then I watched an episode of Grimm (excellent programme based on fairy stories) and they used the idea of trolls under bridges.
So here's my tag,it's based on the three Billy Goats Gruff. I made a lino cut, which I've included an image of, as it's hard to see on the final tag. I printed it at home, rubbing the paper with a spoon, and the back of a clothes brush, hence the rather irregular ink coverage! 
I scanned the image and printed it out small enough to be stuck to a tag. I added the words 'Trip-trap-trip-trap, over the rickety bridge', although my brige looks a rather solid stone affair!
Here's my lino cut. It was great fun creating the scaly effect on the troll!

Here's my finished tag!

15 comments:

  1. What a clever idea Jo! This makes a lovely tag,you will be able to mass produce with your original! Brilliant.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love lino cut printing and it's a very clever interpretation of tales of the riverbank. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool and different! I have't seen this medium in a long time! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BRILLIANT IDEA AND WELL EXECUTED Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, so original to use lino cut, and I love the effect it produces. Well done!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is really clever - he's one scary dude, hehe :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fabulous lino cut - I just love the image and it looks so good printed as a tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a lovely lino cut for this weeks theme. A very clever tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely brilliant Jo. I've got a friend coming to do a Lino cut workshop for a few of us at my house in August. I love the effects you can get.
    Hope the pressure is off now. How did the assessment go?
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still waiting for assessment results! The moderator is in tomorrow so maybe this week?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a clever and artistic interpretation - the troll certainly looks as fierce as I remember it from my childhood days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever to make your own lino stamp. It made a great tag and you can use it again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous lino stamp...love your take on the theme! Great tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great image Jo, I used to love making lino cuts for printing at school to me back in my memories seeing your tag :)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/