Saturday 30 June 2012

Tales of the riverbank

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the wonderful comments last week.  I am enjoying these challenges immensely!  A chance to make mini works of art and a theme to send you spinning in different directions every week!

This week it had to be the dragonfly for me.  I just love their iridescence and to see them flitting above the water.  Hearing the hum of their delicate wings as they skim the sparkly surface of the river


I took photos as I made this tag so I thought I would make a mini tutorial.  I wanted to share how I made the Lily (no punches required) and my dragonfly.  The first one I made was too big so I am going to pop him somewhere in my craft room.  The tutorial can be found here if you are interested

TUTORIAL

My dragonflies wings are made from some kind of spongy foam sheet that they put between crockery when they pack it.  It was perfect for the gossamer wings.  I want to try to make flowers with it next


Another view to show the dimension of the tag.  I found these cute little beads in my stash that add great texture to my watery tag.  The sprayed background tag was one I discarded from last week as it was lighter than I wanted - this week it was perfect!  How's that for being green!  Off now to have a leisurely look at what you have all been making for this weeks Tag Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, Helen! The water lily is great in relief with the dragonfly coming out of the tag even further.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see your work here on Tag Tuesday, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful tag - and what a stunning flower - exquisite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. You are very clever! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great tutorial. I love your 3D tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youve done a great job on your tag Helen, I can see a lot of thought and effort went into it. The tutorial is really good too.
    Lynn & the Doodly birds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, love that curved tail on the dragon fly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exquisite tag - thanks for sharing the techniques involved. Both the waterlily and the dragonfly are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real pretty tag! I love dragonflies!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW..what a fabulous 3d tag..very creative and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag Helen, nice water effect with the tiny beads and lovely dragonfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen, you have put so much work into this, it's so detailed! I love all the dimension. Great tutorial that you made. Barb

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/