Monday 2 July 2012

Tales of the Riverbank

Hi Tuesday Taggers,
I have been away for about six weeks having a fantastic time visiting  family and friends in England, Germany, Finland and Hong Kong. I am using "jet lag" as my excuse for being so tardy getting back into Tag Tuesday... Here is my 'Riverbank" tag - I thought of a wonderful story from my childhood, called "Shy the Platypus". This may be an animal unknown to some of you - a furry mammal with webbed feet and a duckbill, lays eggs in a riverbank habitat and is native to Australia. I made a little polymer clay platypus for this tag.  The background is a magazine reproduction of Arthur Boyd's painting "The Boat Builders" which depicts the south coastal area of Australia where platypus breed in the colder rivers.
I hope this is not breaking the rules, but I am also posting a couple of tags I made over the last two weeks, but for some reason, couldn't upload from my iPad while travelling - Camping and Green


8 comments:

  1. Awesome colouring on your Riverbank tag and your Platypus is very cute. Your camping tag is great, I can almost feel the heat from that huge campfire.
    I very much *heart* your green tag!! That has to be my mOst favourite shade of green, and with black....AWEsome :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Wima, you are obviously in full creative flow again as your tags are great, love the Platypus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags-- all three! Boy, you sure do get around!! Hope you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your use of strong colors. All 3 tags are great, but my favorite one is the riverbank one because I'm fascinated by the platypus. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great tags Wilma! love the idea of the map background on your camping tag :) welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeous tags, Wilma, pity you didn't drop in on me in Germany! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three tags are great! I had a book about a platypus as a kid, sent over by some Australian relatives. They look so funny, like all the leftover bits put together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three tags are beautiful - I think the camping one is my favourite - I love the use of the map and it just evokes memories of camping as a child. Hope you're over the jet lag soon.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/