Wednesday 27 June 2012

Tales of the riverbank

 This is my tag for "Tales of the Riverbank"


I used a Strathmore watercolor blank postcard base, and painted some waves using a Winsor & Newton navy blue watercolor.  When it was dry, I used a pencil to sketch the man's bust, the lettering, and the organic forms.  Then, I inked everything with Sharpie fine and medium pens.  Next, I rounded the corners to form a tag shape and punched a teardrop hole between them.  As an embellishment, I created a tassel using blue raffia strands, which I knotted with a scrap of off white twine.  I added 3 black and blue polymer clay beads that I handmade a while back to three of the raffia strands.

This was a fun postcard tag to make!

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous quote Arnoldo, a great blue and white tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intersting take on the riverbank theme.Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard that quote before. A creative take on the this weeks theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote, love the colours and beaded tassel, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag love the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this unusual tag.Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful, original tag - I just love the quote and how you've interpreted this weeks theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag made me think that often when I look at a tag that is pleasing to the eye I comment on colour and composition and technique and often without realising I am attracted to someones unique style! I love your unique style Arnold. PS Fab indigo blue colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really different, love the drawing of the man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab tag with great river effect in watercolour. I agree with Helen, I really like your style, Arnoldo.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The saying is perfect for the theme and love the art work. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tag..Love the painted waves and the flowing locks of your mans hair :) Great quote too! Fab artwork!!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/