Wednesday 4 July 2012

At The Seaside


   Hi Everyone! 
It is still raining here in Berkshire, so I was very glad to do a seaside tag to make  me dream of sunshine and holidays!
I enjoyed everyone's riverbank tags-such an interesting variety, showcasing all your ideas and skills.

My tag is an interpretation of the seaside from my mind's eye. I made a collage using my stash of painted and coloured papers. (Thanks again, Yvonne for the idea! I have lots to use up from my C&G days!)
The sand is made from sandpaper (what else!), the beach hut is a scrap from an old shirt-doesn't it just look one! The sailing boat and sun are made from Indian papers.
I photographed it on a map of France, to let you use your imagination to go on holiday  there.
Now I am going to enjoy perusing  your tags.
See you next week!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag..your collage is great. Thanks too for the map..as it's still raining in Oxfordshire it's nice to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tag Jane love it, it's so like what I had in my minds eye to do all week then ended up going for the picture card instead. I like the sandpaper idea! clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice-- love the collage effect! Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different textures you used on this tag, so many ideas for future ;) It's also raining here in NE Scotland (no surprise there then), but that means no gardening so I'll just hAve to get the glue out instead, hehe :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tag - great variety of textures - I love the sandpaper idea!
    I also love the fabric of the beach hut - very summery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your miniature collage. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, your painted papers are just perfect for this! Lovely summery tag, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tag, especially all the different materials used. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag, love the collage! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the collage elements of your tag - Tshirt is a perfect beach hut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all the colours Jane, so bright and bold.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag. Love the shimmering sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! This makes me want to do more collage! Great bright colours, and love the sand texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely collage - your imaginary beach is great! And yes, the sun is shining in France! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This tag is perfectly wonderful. I love the color and composition and different media you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tag Jane...a wonderful collage, great textures with the sandpaper and the fabric for the beach hut.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/