Wednesday 4 July 2012

Seaside


My first tag was a postcard that I created using a photo that I took when my Mom and I were in Tahiti.
Since I wasn't all that crazy about it, I decided to do a vintage type tag - something I haven't done much of so far. I chose a picture of a little girl in a pink dress. I painted the sea and sky on the tag and then added the child, using double stick tape to make her pop up a bit. I made a little stream of water falling from her hand but it didn't show up well, so I added some little rhinestones to the stream - which made it pop. I like this tag - a lot! The little round tag at the top didn't photograph well but at the top says "By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea..."

18 comments:

  1. So pretty the rhinestones are a good touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, very evocative with the right colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful! Love the rhinestone effect. The little girl is cut out SO well! I didn't realise at first that she wasn't part of the tag. Awesome :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage tag - the rhinestones are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tags - the little girl image is delightful and I love the rhinestones - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, sunny, sparkly, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both! The postcard is too clever! Great color on the second, and I love the shells you "staged" for the photo! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the painting of your background. It's the perfect complement for your little girl. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty tag - love the composition and the jewels were genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little girl is delightful Martha.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tag.So summery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Postcard is a great idea, so long as you keep up your Tag Tuesday postings in Tahiti! I wish I was there too! lovely little girl tag, too, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie she is! Such a nice tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great, two really different tags! Love how the little girl's dress is blowing in the wind. The sparkles are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the background to your second tag! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable, precious and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two wonderful tags Martham! Love the sweet little image of the girl and the gems are a fabby touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a charming tag - the little girl with the sparkly water is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/