Tuesday 24 July 2012

Rock Pools

I had fun searching my stash for treasures for this week and unearthed a beautiful sea urchin, a seahorse bead and an old bracelet of fishes that I brought for 20p at a car boot sale thinking it would come in useful! I hot air gunned some green chiffon for seawead and found a piece of driftwood in my beach combing bag that even had little barnacles on it. The background was layers of dylusion and distress ink sprays then stencilled over and some bleach outs to tone it with a little rock stamp I had over stamped with distress faded jeans

tag tuesday
Thank you so much for your kind comments last week. I shall be back this evening to enjoy your tags and leave mine but unfortunately have to go off in this glorious sun to work! Have a lovely week everyone, don't get sunburnt! x

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love all the embellies you have used! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your little finds, but love the way your background came out. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely, lovely tag - gorgeous embellishments and a fab background. I love that driftwood with the barnacles on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! That "seaweed" is stunning! Great choice of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic embellies you have used Barb..love the sea urchin and the driftwood with the little barnacles...and the green chiffon looks very effective as seaweed...another clever and stunning tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag Barb. Love all the inky layers of the background. I am going to try spraying with Distress Ink sprays (Lesson 4 of TH 101 course). That heat gun sea weed is perfect. What a cool technique (or should I say hot!!) I love finding sea urchins. They are so delicate. You found a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get out more and find more beauties like you have here. The background is amazing, as are all the elements of this tag. Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shoal of little fishes. Fab addition to your tag. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the rich colours you have chosen for the background which are perfect for your collection of beachy treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tag!! The seaweed looks like it is floating in the sea. Love all the shells and other embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great selection of goodies you must have in you stash. I love the way you have distressed and used the chiffon for the seaweed and those little 'fishies' look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Y aou have created lovely background for all your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the chiffon and wood against the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag, so many colours and textures, love the little fishes and seaweed is amazing, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/