Tuesday 3 July 2012

Seaside


It's Tuesday already and that means it's Tag Tuesday again. Our theme this week is * seaside*. I have made 2 tags, I'm not really happy with either of them, but didn't have the energy yesterday to do more than read and rest.

The first tag has been made using an image from one of my old German magazines from 1898, showing a trip to the seaside! I have printed the tag onto photo paper, and mounted it on a piece of hand painted paper. I have added 2 of my hand-made beads, and 2 others from a necklace that broke last week. I wanted to use some shells, but the box with the shells and other fishy things has gone AWOL; I will probably find it at Xmas when I am looking for the Easter eggs, or something like that!


The second tag has been distressed with tumbled glass and wild honey. The stamps are from an American company that stopped producing last year, Scrollsworks. I added some gold glass glitter for sand. The fibres were from a hat I kintted for someone.


So, that's all for today. Have a good day, take care, and thanks for visiting.
Valerie

15 comments:

  1. I like them both Valerie - you use some gorgeous images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not like them Valerie but I sure do. The colouring and embellishments are just great.
    I always find Vintage seaside images amusing, mainly because of what they wore back then; barely less than ordinarily, haha.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie..LOVE the vintage image you used...how different to the sights we see on the beaches nowdays!! lol... Your handmade beads are fab...and your stamped tag is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both these tags - they are just gorgeous - such happy, carefree images - so very summery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both tags are fab! Love the image on the bottom one! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tags, love them both but the first one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags. Love the background effect in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love both of these tags. They are beautiful. Love the background on the second one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both tags, but my favorite one is the first one. I love the vintage scene and your handmade beads are stunning. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are lovely Valerie lovely details in the second one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Valerie - hope you are feeling better - my favourite is the second tag - love the colour combo and the stamp images are fab. love all the hand made beads too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the old images, it gives of an air of a more gentile time.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both tags are great my favourite is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love ly tags! My favourite is the second one, too - great inking and love the sand and shells at the bottom. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you're being far too critical of your own work. These tags are wonderful - the vintage images are just great and create the feeling of summer fun and innocence.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/